Figs are seasonal fruits that are found in the western parts of Asia.
The health benefits of fresh figs come from the presence of minerals, vitamins and fiber contained in the fruit. They contain a wealth of beneficial nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, potassium and chlorine.
Here are top health benefits of using figs:
- Good for controlling diabetes
- Prevention of hypertension or blood pressure
- Prevention of coronary heart disease
- Prevention of colon cancer and post-menopausal breast cancer
- Help in weight loss
- Help in lowering cholesterol
- Helps in Erectile Dysfunction
- Relief for throat pain
- Prevention of muscular degeneration
- It strengthens bone
Note: Avoid dried figs! THIS ISN’T GOOD FOR YOUR BLOOD SUGAR! The sugars are concentrated in the fruit when dried so if you eat them, only eat a couple.
Plump, soft and sweet, fresh figs are gorgeous in salads, desserts or simply enjoyed on their own.