Eating well balanced and healthy food can help you reduce or maintain your weight, and it can also reduce the risk of diseases. Food amount and variety has a big influence on your health.
Food is divided in different groups. It is very important to be careful and consume food from different groups. Being healthy means eating healthy food.
Food gives the body the energy needed for daily activities like walking, gym, playing football or riding a bike. It is also necessary for the normal body functions. However, no matter what age you are, it is very important to eat healthy food.
It is never late to start eating healthy food and improve you eating habits.
Here are some interesting and funny facts about healthy food:
— Almonds are member of the peach family.
— Banana is not a fruit, it is a herb.
— Coffee beans are fruit pits.
— Peanuts are actually legumes.
— Ancient carrots were purple.
— Apples are part of the rose family.
— Strawberries have more vitamin C than the oranges.
— Avocados are poisonous to birds.
— Tomatoes were thought to be poisonous.
— The water from the young coconut can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
— One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar.
— Canola oil is actually rapeseed oil.
— For the past 30 years, the number of overweight teenagers has been tripled and also the number of overweight children has been doubled. This is a very worrying fact!
— Over 300,000 deaths per year are caused by poor nutrition and a lack of physical activity.
— In the US, the average adult drinks are about 550 cans soda per year.
— In the United States, the first cause of death is smoking, the second is obesity.
— Diabetes is increased by 33% in the past 20 years, because of the increased number of overweight people.
— It takes 20 minutes for your brain to know that your stomach is full.
Did you know that…
– Goat’s milk is more popular around the world than cow’s milk.
– Honey is used in antifreeze and in the middle of golf balls.
– A hardboiled egg will spin, a soft boiled egg won’t.
– About 150 people per year are killed by coconuts.
– American people ate 33% more spinach in 1931 when Popeye became popular.
– Rice is the main food for half of the world’s population.
– The average American or Canadian will eat almost 12 pounds of cereal per year.
– Ketchup was sold in the 1930′s as medicine.
– The average French eats 500 snails per year.
– Watermelons cost up to $100 in Japan.