(For about 10 sushi)
2 cups + 2 tablespoons whole milk*
8 tablespoons risotto rice
Zest of 1 organic lemon
1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
2 to 3 tablespoons blond cane sugar, or more, according to taste
1 organic green apple, cored and sliced (squeeze some lemon juice on top to prevent discoloration)
1 pink grapefruit, white membrane removed and sliced
Fresh mint leaves
– Rinse the rice under cold water.
– In a pot, heat the milk* with the lemon zest and extract.
– When it reached boiling point, pour the rice in it and reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring once in a while, for about 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
– Add the sugar to taste and mix. Let cool, stirring occasionally.
– With the palms of your hands (run them under water to make the task easier), shape small sushi. I prefer to eat them lukewarm, so if necessary, reheat them gently. Place a slice of fruit on each, apple or grapefruit, or mango if it is the season.
– Sprinkle with grated coconut and add a leaf of mint. Serve with raspberry sauce. Light and fresh, for anyone loving rice pudding.
*You can also substitute milk with coconut milk, if you like.