Skin breakouts are a common problem. And it becomes even more annoying when it shows up before an important event. Covering it up with makeup is a temporary solution and can aggravate the problem further. The only way to prevent acne from coming back is finding its root cause.
Meaning Of Acne Face Map?
You might have often noticed that acne pops up in similar spots over and over again. Why do you think this happens? The solution lies in an Ayurvedic technique known as face mapping. This can mean that the area where acne constantly appears might have to do something that is happening inside your body. Face mapping connects facial skin areas with several internal organs.
This is the reason why facial mapping is essential for skin caring. The location of acne breakout can reveal whether the acne appeared because of hormonal reasons or its just normal acne.
Examine where your acne breaks out most of the time. This can determine and give clues on what is causing it. In certain cases, it might be due to weakness in a certain organ or gland in the body. You can use the theory of face mapping to really find the real causes of acne.
Here Is The List Of Pimples On Your Face From Acne Face Map:
The forehead is linked with our digestive system. So, it is quite possible that acne breakout on the forehead can happen because of a poor digestive system.
- Liver problems, stress, irregular sleep patterns and poor digestive system
- Frequent hat wearers can experience frequent acne problem because of the fabric friction
- Using heavy hair duty products such as conditioners and leave-in treatments which can clog pores around hairline
- Have bitter herbs, papaya and digestive enzymes before each meal
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep daily
- Increase water intake and add lemon to hot water for added flavor
- Dandelion tea is great for solving liver issues
- Use acne treatments like salicylic acid for acne control
- Reduce fat intake in your diet
Note: See a doctor if you are constantly bogged down with acne on your forehead.
2. Temples/Eyebrows/Between Brows:
Constantly getting acne in temples, eyebrows and between brows can occur due to unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle. Since this area is connected with the liver, it will need some cleansing. Switching to a healthy and rich diet can do the job.
- Eating greasy, fatty unhealthy foods can be one cause
- Any form of food allergies
- Too much of alcohol
- Stick to a rich healthy diet
- Limiting the intake of alcoholic drinks
- Treating the in-between areas of eyebrow with salicylic acid to prevent acne breakout
- Reduce diary and fatty foods from diet
- Beets, grapefruit, garlic, carrots and green tea are great food to cleanse the liver
- Include turmeric in food intake because it contains enzymes that help flush out carcinogens from the liver
Note: Unhealthy fast foods are difficult to digest and can result in acne breakout.
The nose area is often linked with your heart. In fact, any doctors can predict a patient’s blood pressure just by examining their nose. So, acne appearing on nose can be related to some heart problem unknown to you.
- Poor dietary choices and indigestion
- Cutting down on meat, salt and spicy foods
- Expired makeup products or using makeup products that have pore-clogging ingredients
- It can mean imbalance in heart, spleen and lungs
- Inclusion of healthy foods like nuts, fish, avocados and flaxseeds
- Having healthy fruits such as cherries, pears, raspberries and winter melon
- Acupressure can help solve imbalance in heart, spleen and lungs
- Fresh air and exercise can greatly help
- Increase the intake of green veggies to lower body inflammation, which is great for heart
- Fish oil supplements contain fatty acids and are useful for heart
Note: If you have acne breakouts on the nose constantly, then it is best to check your blood pressure, and make sure to take Vitamin B and Omega 3 and 6.
Since the cheeks are associated with respiratory system, breasts and lungs, skin breakouts can be indicative of congestion or allergy to food or environment. The right cheek is connected with lungs while the left cheek is connected with liver.
- Overused and unhygienic makeup brushes
- Smoking cigarettes and it is pretty self-explanatory
- Improper cleansing routine
- High sugar intake
- Dirty Pillows
- Poor oral health
- Food allergy like dairy products
- Clean makeup brushes, phone, and hands thoroughly to avoid allergens and germs to come in contact with your face
- Quit smoking
- Cover your face with a scarf before stepping out. Use a sunscreen with SPF protection
- Add plants at your home to clean the air
- Cleansing face and removing makeup before bedtime
- Cut down on sugar
Note: Always allow the body to function smoothly by treating it with well. Keep skin hydrated by following a balanced diet followed by adequate sleep.
5. Mouth/Lip Area:
Most people also experience acne and blemishes on mouth area. This can occur because of stress and hormonal changes. This area is often linked with the liver and intestines
- Hormonal changes and stress can cause this problem
- Unhealthy diet like greasy and spicy food
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of hydration leading to kidney imbalance and acne outbreak
- Following a balanced healthy diet to keep skin healthy
- Neglecting the body and not allowing it to relax
- Get adequate sleep
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water
Note: Eating clean and exercising can do well for skin complexion and prevent acne. Also, try a good abdomen massage daily to improve bowel movements.
Acne around the chin area usually comes when there is a change in your hormones. In other cases, it can be due to certain digestive and stomach issues as well. Though hormonal acne is unavoidable, there are several treatment options.
- Hormonal imbalance
- When the skin comes in contact with unhygienic products or materials
- High artificial sugar intake
- Birth control or spironolactone are effective options
- Decreasing hormonal imbalance by getting adequate sleep, increasing the intake of leafy veggies, maintaining clean skin and drinking plenty of water
- Paying extra care of skin care when you have your periods
- Having foods that regular hormonal cycles
- Not using chin in your hands as it transfers oil onto chin causing acne
Note: Every women experience stress and hormonal imbalance during certain time of the month. Little can be done to prevent it, but eating well; exercising and relaxing can do well for skin. If you suffer from hormonal acne all the time, then having supplements like Evening Primrose Oil daily can help to balance your hormones.
The area around the ears is connected with the kidneys. If the kidney is not well hydrated, then it can lead to a breakout in acne and dark circles around the eyes.
- Acne around the ears can be formed due to dehydration
- High intake of carbonated and caffeinated beverages
- Drinking eight glasses of water daily
- Avoid taking coffee, tea and salt whenever possible
Note: Make sure that you stay hydrated throughout the day, by drinking plenty of water. And decrease the intake of caffeinated beverages.
Final Words About Acne Face Map:
Now that you really know why the acne appears on your face, start to make a note. It can all be a combination of stress, hormonal and dietary choices. All these problems are directly connected. It is essential of keep a track of what you are eating, your cycle, sleep patterns and how much water you are drinking daily. Eventually, you will notice the changes in acne pattern.
Face mapping is a starting point for analyzing the cause of your acne. But then again, it is not infallible. Suppose, if acne does not clear up even after a couple of weeks, then it might be indicative of something more serious. See a doctor to find the cause.
Source: Victoria’s Glamour