Do you want to start your morning right? A better way to jumpstart your day is by drinking healthy to refresh your body. A cup of hot water with fresh lemon juice will make your mornings healthy and different.
Lemon, as a wonderful and powerful fruit has proven to be beneficial in many ways. It is therapeutic for it helps in maintaining your immune system. In addition, it plays a role of a blood purifier. Its antibacterial properties can do wonders to your health.
Did you know that a glass of lemon juice contains less than 25 calories? If you are conscious about your calorie count, then, include lemon in your daily diet.
Why should you include hot water with lemon be part of your morning ritual? These reasons will enlighten you in changing your usual morning habit to a new and improved one.
1. It helps you detox every day. While lemon contains acidity, it is surprisingly a good source of alkaline, which help balance your body’s pH. According to an internist and doctor of integrative medicine, hot water with lemon wakes up your liver and flushes out unnecessary toxins that is beneficial for the body.
2. It awakens your digestive tract. This healthy concoction may be simple yet powerful for it stimulates your gastrointestinal tract. It also improves your body’s ability to absorb nutrients all day and helps food to penetrate the system easily. It aids in the production of digestive juices. Moreover, this drink aids in digestion and encourages the production of bile. It strengthens the liver by producing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too diluted. Drinking this water infused lemon promotes good bowel movement, preventing constipation and diarrhea.
3. It supports weight loss. Lemon juice has pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to |j^ in weight loss. Pectin also provides essential benefit in colon health as well as serves as a powerful antibacterial. Since coffee filled with sugar and fruit juices are high in calories, replacing them with hot water infused with lemon will slash calories from your daily diet, helping you lose weight.
4. It gives relief to an upset stomach. If you sleep on a full stomach, heartburn or bloated belly can get in the way. Drinking hot water with lemon reduces bloating. It acts as a mild and natural diuretic.
Hot water cleanses your system while flavonoids from lemon juice may help in reducing acidity in the stomach, making feel better.
5. It boosts metabolism. Drinking water infused with lemon helps keep your metabolism humming. It is essential that you keep yourself hydrated because it is an integral part of a healthy diet as it boosts your metabolism. If you don’t enjoy drinking plain water, adding lemon will enhance flavor without feeling guilty about calories.
6. It strengthens the immune system. Because lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, this drink can help in protecting the body against immune system deficiencies. It is also helpful in preventing the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that causes infections and diseases. It helps in curing common cold.
7. It brings immense benefit to the skin. Including this drink in your morning ritual may help in preventing the formation of wrinkles and acne.
8. It brings in several nutrients needed by the body. It has citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Lemon’s potassium content helps nourish the brain and nerve cells. Likewise, people with heart problem can benefit from lemon’s high potassium content.
9. It replenishes the loss sodium in the body. Drinking hot water with lemon helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
There you have it. This healthy concoction is an ideal and excellent alternative to your morning caffeine.
Begin your day with a glass of hot water with lemon to optimize its full health benefits.