Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous family. It is related to super food broccoli, like its close relative it is is also packed full of health benefits! Cauliflower also adds some crunch to everyday meal. It can be added in salads or in stir fry. This yummy vegetable is great for kids and adults alike. Here are some reason to start incorporating cauliflower to your diet.
Vitamins and Minerals found in Cauliflower:
• Vitamin B5
• Vitamin C
• Folic Acid
• Beta Carotene
• Cauliflowers are sodium free, which is perfect for people who have high blood pressure.
• It is fat free, it is a great source of healthy calories and energy.
• Cauliflower is known to reduce onset symptoms of cancers. (Colon, prostate, breast, lungs and others)
• Cauliflowers are high in much needed vitamin and minerals essential to a healthy diet.
• Components found in cauliflower is known to stop and kill the growth of cancer cells.
• It is also great for the bones. It can repair and protect the bones
• Cauliflowers can help protect the body from muscle degeneration.
• Since it is high in antioxidants, it is amazing in removing free radicals in the body. These free radicals damage healthy cells in the body and cause multiple diseases.
• It can decrease inflammation in the body.
• Cauliflowers contain omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin K, known to protect the body from diabetes mellitus and ulcerative colitis.
• Known to protect the body from cardiovascular diseases.
• Can prevent obesity and arthritis.
• It can keep the blood circulation working properly. It promotes the regular blood flow in the body and keeps the body oxygenated.
• Cauliflower is known to detoxify the body and remove unwanted toxins that can harm regular body function.
• Cauliflower components are essential to heart health. It can prevent strokes, heart attacks and heart problems.
• It also boosts the immune system of the body.
Cauliflowers are easy to cook and can be incorporated in different meals, like soups, curries, stir fry and salads. When passing by the market give this healthy veggie a try!