For all the PYTs in their sweet teenage moments and years, we write this post on teenage skin care for you with love. This is the time when your skin needs the most attention, because if you don’t believe in prevention is better than cure, when you are in your late twenties and early thirties, the effects would be disastrous. Take care of your face with the teenage skin care tips that we provide you with, so that your skin glows as you gently age – embrace each age moment you step into though, with love.
LET’S LOOK AT TEENAGE SKIN CARE BRANDS AND TYPES OF PRODUCTS TO USE
Cleansing Toning And Moisturizing
One of the most important steps in teenage skin care to adhere to would be cleansing, toning and moisturizing. This is the primary point of teen skin care that should be followed. This means, you would need to clean the pores quite deep and moisturize the skin very well, regardless of the climes you live in.
To bring in more protection to the skin, you should use a cream that has minimum SPF as 15. In doing so, the earliest signs of ageing would stop and there are many teenage skin care brands and products with SPF 5 and above to use.
Choose The Right Facial Cleanser
Cleansing the skin doesn’t mean you have to visit the parlor every week and spend a bomb. Check our previous posts and there are cheap and DIY methods to do that, should you not want to pinch your purse strings buying teenage skin care products. In addition to that, do not use soap or soap based cleansers for your skin, they rob the natural oils of the skin and that is why using a gel based cleanser for the face is recommended. The gel based cleanser would reduce open pores and bring about a glow to the skin, which would earn you compliments galore.
While cleansing the skin, use gentle upwards strokes on the neck and the cheeks, side strokes for the upper lip and the forehead area, allowing the muscles and blood circulation to happen. Also, remember to be gentle on your skin, especially around the eyes or else it would start sagging and look puffy.
DIY Facial Scrubs Are The Best
You could always refer to our plethora of posts on DIY facial scrubs or pick reputed teenage skin care products too, we prefer the former. Once you are done with the facial skin cleansing, we would want you to apply a scrub on the face. This would help you remove dirt, grime and dead skin cells that are not visible to the naked eye. The outermost layer of the skin would be clean, the pores would be unclogged and the 4PM shine effect would be gone.
For PYTs with acne and pimple prone skin, it would be best to use honey in DIY facial scrubs that help medicate and hydrate the skin at the same time. But if you are picking up facial scrubs or teenage skin care products, we would recommend products that have soft beads in them that help remove loose dead skin cells.
Moisturizers for the face are important to use at any age, which is why before you apply makeup, you must cleanse, tone and moisturize – final touch with an SPF based solution to help protect the skin. Do check with our posts that show you the right way to moisturize the skin.
Rules And Commandments To Follow For Maintain Teenage Skin
While you would still want to buy teenage skin care products or use DIY, we have a few rules that you should read and follow from today.
- Don’t pinch pimples, or else you would have ugly scars and remnants
- Drink a lot of water so that the internals are toxic free
- Never touch your face with your bare hands too much, which can lead to spreading of bacteria and germs
- Always use a hand sanitizer to disinfect the palms, before and after work or applying makeup
- Do not be rough with your skin when touching it for facials, because the facial skin is the most sensitive part on our bodies
- Remove your makeup (you may use a few drops of coconut or olive oil) before bedtime, and never sleep with your makeup on.
- Choose makeup and cosmetics that are non-comedogenic, because it is safe for your skin
- Always and always remember to use SPF 15 based lotions or above, so that you don’t face the onslaught of free radicals and the harmful UV rays of the sun when out on the field
- Always check for alcohol free toners and cleansers, which wouldn’t rob the skin off the natural oils
- Always eat plenty of fruits and veggies, rich sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are important for the skin’s health!
We hope these Skin Care Tips For Your 20s and below daughters work like magic!
Source: Victoria’s Glamour