When I walk into the bar section of the grocery store, I never know which bar to choose from. Do I want a Luna Bar, a Think Thin bar, a Quest bar or a Cliff bar? Which one is the healthiest? Which one tastes bests? Forget this dilemma and make your own protein bars instead (with a little twist–they’re shaped into little balls)! Not only can you choose your own ingredients, which means you know you are putting healthy nutrients into your body, but you can also fulfill your chocolate cravings with these homemade protein balls. With this recipe, you’ll barely have to lift a finger, and the protein balls turn out absolutely delicious!
There is so much flavor in these bite-sized snacks; they are chocolatey, sweet, nutty and grainy. They’re a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth with a healthier twist.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: No bake–refrigerate for 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
1 cup raw, unsalted almond butter (Trader Joe’s or Justin’s are my favorites)
½ cup organic honey, Blue agave nectar or brown rice syrup
2 ½ scoops Arbonne Essentials chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
1. Mix almond butter and your choice of sweetener in a pan on the stove over medium heat until mixed well and warm (be careful, this can burn easily).
2. Put mixture into a bowl and add protein powder and mix well. Then add oatmeal and mix well again.
3. Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
4. Roll the balls in whatever coating you desire (e.g. rolled oats, flax seeds, chia seeds).
5. Evenly distribute the balls on a cookie sheet, and refrigerate for 1 hour. After the protein balls have set, remove from fridge and store in an airtight container.